During the past week we have heard, read and seen national stories about masks. But that’s the only — operational word: only — thing that binds them together.
It comes with an interesting narrative of the human instinct to chase that proverbial 15 minutes of fame.
On Saturday night the hockey world exploded. So did social media.
Who would have ever thought a 42-year-old Zamboni driver at the arena of the American Hockey League’s Toronto Marlies could be the starting goalie, in a National Hockey League game — as a rookie — with the Carolina Hurricanes in a game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, the squad who just happens to be — ready for this? — the Leafs’ farm team?
You probably know the story. Amazingly, the story gets better: David Ayres led the Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over, essentially, his bosses.
CLICK HERE FOR THE
...and, now the
Top Posts & Pages
- 5. IN THE MORNING -- 50/50 ... APOLOGY?? CAREY PRICE ... AND MORE!!!!
- THE SPIN PAGE!
- SPIN NO. 9 -- TIM'S FRIENDS
- SUBSCRIBE TO THE SPIN!!
- SPIN TEMPLATE
- THE DAILY SPIN - DOUG WOOLGAR, HEIDI JANZ and FACE MASKS
- SPIN. NO 12 -- AN OILERS SONG FOR GAME 3
- THE SATURDAY SPIN
- Applauds for NYC Mayor’s Pledge To Close Rikers Island Prison
- SPIN NO. 8 --- DEENA HENSHAW AND Tim Dancy