Dr. Gary McPherson
In six years as a council member we didn’t have one interaction with the premier’s office.
In fact, when Rachel Notley was premier, I mentioned I was on the council.
She genuinely looked surprised. “I didn’t know I had that,” she said.
I found it curious assistant deputy ministers and even ministers read — word for word and always rushed — statements that were somewhat patronizing and repeated the same message about inclusion of Albertans with disabilities.
I was surprised they shared very little time asking and listening to the council on what was being heard in communities.
I searched Hansard from 1988. The cost of the council’s first year of operation was $678,000.
- 54,158 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- 5. IN THE MORNING -- 50/50 ... APOLOGY?? CAREY PRICE ... AND MORE!!!!
- THE SPIN PAGE!
- SPIN NO. 9 -- TIM'S FRIENDS
- SUBSCRIBE TO THE SPIN!!
- SPIN TEMPLATE
- THE DAILY SPIN - DOUG WOOLGAR, HEIDI JANZ and FACE MASKS
- SPIN. NO 12 -- AN OILERS SONG FOR GAME 3
- THE SATURDAY SPIN
- Applauds for NYC Mayor’s Pledge To Close Rikers Island Prison
- SPIN NO. 8 --- DEENA HENSHAW AND Tim Dancy